We’re long past the days of going to a shopping centre to buy new clothes… Or anything for that matter. It’s no surprise that on the agenda of most CEO’s and marketers is to figure out what the hell to do and where on earth they should be to get in touch with the right customer, at the right time with the right content…
The biggest challenge for marketers today is understanding the journey consumers take to make a purchase.
Today, I’d like to share with you an infographic about our multi-screen world to try and help you understand how multiple screens have affected the consumer behaviour. Here are the takeaways:
- 90% of all media transactions are screen-based.
- Mobile has overtaken TV for the most viewed screen
- 90% of people use multiple screens sequentially and simultaneously – We’re a generation of multi tasking shoppers!
- 81% of online purchases are “spontaneous” (So the consumer thinks)
- 67% of people have used multiple devices to shop online < Here lies the challenge, connecting the journey across multiple devices
(Click to enlarge)